Have you ever wondered how would it be to live far from our modern civilization? To live in the wild? I wasn't thinking about it until I watched a movie recommended me by my friend.
![]() |
| source: https://www.amazon.com/Into-Wild-Emile-Hirsch/dp/B000ZN802W |
The movie called "Into the Wild" is the story of Christopher McCandless who after graduating from college, abandons his life dictated with by his parents' dreams. The man sells all his belongings, gives his money for charity organisations and starts his journey to Alaska. During his way through USA, Chris meets many different personalities which help him explore himself and reach his final goal - a true Life in Alaska.
If you like action films, you can be a little disappointed. The film is based on a true story, so it is not so thrilling, because we can already know the ending. However, if you like watching films with the message and then wondering about it, you may like this film.
The history of Alexander Supertramp (Christopher's nickname) draws attention to some important issues that we often forget about in our busy everyday life. Despite that I don't approve what McCandless did and I don't think it was smart, I completely understand his arguments. We are so focused on work, earning money, rate race that we don't appreciate basic values like family or we don't see miracles of mother nature all around us.
"Into the Wild" is definitely worth watching. Even if you completely disagree with Christopher's point of view, you can watch it only for admiring breathtaking views of american wild nature and for listening to great songs of Eddie Vedder. So, if you are wondering what to watch on Saturday's evening, see this film and maybe it will become one of your favorites.

One of my beloved movies! His story is so touching and eye-opening. I have a book on which this movie was based, tell me if you're interested :) Also, Christopher's sister released a book about her point of view referring to this story. Unfortunately, it hasn't been translated into Polish yet and the prices of the original version are unbelievably high. However, she has told a part of it during her TEDx talk, which you can find on Youtube, if you want to know something more about Chris. Cheers! :)
ReplyDeleteI've read the book of Krakauer too and I also loved it :) But thanks for letting me know about Christopher's sister book, even though it's so expensive. Guess we have to wait for the translation or try to find original version in some online second-hand bookshops :)
ReplyDelete