Monday, June 11, 2018

How my life changed after going vegan

I went vegan about a year ago and when I look back I realize how many things in my life are different now. I've decided to share some of it with you today.

New skills
I had never been a fan of cooking and my main cooking skills were how to make spaghetti and scrambled eggs. In some way I was forced to change it, because when I come back home, my mum doesn't cook for me vegan meals and I don't want to eat only raw veggies. I've also wanted to show my family that vegan cuisine can be really delicious and nutritious, so I've started to prepare the whole variety of vegan meals and they love it. My mum is also happy, because when I'm home, I cook for the whole family, so she doesn't have to do it.

New tastes
Next thing is that during this year I've probably tried more new dishes than I did during my whole life. As a meat-eater, I was eating mainly pasta with tomato sauce and classic polish dinner which was meat, potatoes and salad. Going vegan made my realize how many other delicious food exist on this world. I ate tofu, fallafel and bean burgers for the first time. Moreover, I've started to eat vegetables that I used to hate as a child.

Healthy lifestyle
I definitely eat more healthy since I went vegan. In Poland, we still don't have many vegan sweets and junk food and when we find something, it's often more expensive, so I usually don't buy it (you know, #studentlife). In order to find something vegan and reading food labels, I've started to paying attention on other ingredients like preservatives, sugar or fats and I've decide that I don't want to eat it either.

Better skin and hair
I've always been struggling with acne and my skin condition has got so much better after going vegan. It's connected with healthier lifestyle, but the change was noticeable also when I was still eating lots of fries and Oreo. The key is cutting on dairy and eating definitely more veggies than before. Except skin, my hair and nails condition has improved too. They've never been growing so fast before!

Of course that's not all. I could mention many more things like bigger awareness in many different areas including meat industry, ecology and health, but this post would become more like a book, so I didn't want to bore you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The coffee smoothie

I am a huge fan of all kinds of smoothies. It is a great snack between meals or before training. I would like to share with you recipe for m...